Do you prefer to take prints of your photos directly from Social Media? or from cloud storage like – Dropbox, Google Drive, and your Camera roll gallery? Or enjoy customizing your photos for print optimization? HP Smart App is the answer to all your needs. Install the HP Smart app on all your devices to quickly access, print, scan, and share files, photos, and documents from your HP printer anytime and anywhere with your Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac devices. In this article, we will tell you what the HP Smart app is and what it offers to you.
On this Page:
- About HP Smart App
- Benefits of using the HP Smart app
- Use of the HP Smart app for Windows 10
- Methods to install the HP Smart app on Android phone
- Methods to install the HP Smart app on Apple iPhone
- Methods to install the HP Smart app on IPad IOS
- Methods to install the HP Smart app on Windows 10
- Troubleshooting techniques to Fix HP Smart App Not Working Issue
So, let’s introduce the HP Smart App and learn its advantages and use in your life.
About HP Smart App
HP Smart App is a helpful application offered by HP to the users of HP printers to help set up, print, scan, share, and manage your HP printer from your computer, smartphone, or other devices. It is designed for easy access to HP printers, and it is a great way to manage your printing needs from your mobile phone or other devices. Its scanning feature is just impressive. You can quickly scan documents and photos using your camera or printer and can share them with anybody or to the cloud from virtually anywhere.
Why Use HP Smart App for Windows 10?
Are you a Windows 10 user? Is HP Smart App necessary for your Windows 10? For some, it might be a necessary app, but others may find it unnecessary. It is optional for every user, and if they don’t want to use this application with their printer, they can opt to disable HP Smart altogether. However, it is entirely optional to use the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile devices. But if you don’t use this app on your computer, you need to download the software for your computer.
This is easy to use and enhances your printing experience with features like Print Anywhere or Mobile Fax. It also provides access to printer settings, including print quality, as well as other useful information. However, some HP Smart features require a network connection and an HP account for full functionality.
Benefits of using the HP Smart App
With the HP Smart app, you can scan, share, and print images and documents with your HP printers in a matter of minutes. Let’s have a look at the extra benefits it offers to its users:
- It offers a seamless printing solution with advanced technology features.
- It manages your HP account straight from the app.
- Create high-quality and professional scans.
- Scan multiple pages and save them as a PDF, or JPG.
- Enhance your photos by adding extra features like editing, filters, and text, cropping, adjusting the saturation, contrast, brightness, etc.
- Use Mobile Fax to send secure faxes.
- One Touch Shortcuts facility for quick and repetitive activities.
- Help to order ink and toner by easy monitoring order supplies.
Learn to Install HP Smart App on Multiple Devices
You can print, scan, and copy documents and photographs from your mobile to your HP printer using the HP Smart app. The HP Smart App is compatible with devices running Windows 10, Mac OS, and iOS. Remember that the HP Smart App must be connected to your printer’s wireless network before you begin installing it.
Preparation Before App Installation:
To successfully install a printer through HP Smart App, you should make some arrangements, such as – an updated Android or Apple phone, an active internet connection, and an HP printer that is turned on.
But before getting the HP Smart App download, you must ensure the following points mentioned below:
- Keep your printer and the computer or mobile device near the Wi-Fi router.
- If your computer is connected with an Ethernet cable. Please disconnect the Ethernet Cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup process.
- Enable Bluetooth on the computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.
- If you want to download HP Smart App for mobile devices, please enable the Location service on your mobile device.
- If you wish to install the HP Smart App on your preferred device, let’s follow the instructions on this page.
Installing the HP Smart App on your Android Phone
Installing the HP Smart app is as easy as installing it on a computer or Mac device. Here are the easy-to-go steps for installing HP Smart app on your Android or Smartphone.
- Before you start, ensure your Android phone and HP printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Secondly, you should have a stable network connection on your Android phone.
- Now, go to Google Play Store app to install the HP Smart app for your mobile.
- You can visit HP’s official website 123.hp.com and get the app.
- Here, click on the Install button to start downloading the app and wait until the download completes.
- When the app is downloaded, click on the Open button to start installing the app.
- In the app, a list of printers will be displayed; choose your printer from the list and complete setting up your printer.
- Further, click the Print tile on the HP Smart main screen.
- Now, tap on the Print Documents tile at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, choose the photo or document you want to take the print off and tap on the Print icon.
Apple IOS App Installation For HP Smart
Follow the steps explained in installing HP Smart app on your Apple IOS device quickly and easily:
- Let’s connect your iPhone and HP printer to the same wireless network.
- Launch the Apple Store app and search for the HP Smart app.
- Tap on the Install button to download the HP Smart app and wait until the download completes.
- Open the HP Smart app when downloaded completely.
- Allow Bluetooth and Locations permissions if prompted.
- Now, move further to add your HP printer to the app.
- If the HP Smart App detects your printer automatically, look no further and start to print from your iPhone to your HP printer.
- If your printer is displayed with the Setup prompt, tap your printer name and finish setting it up following the on-screen prompts.
- In case the app fails to detect your printer, click the Add icon and choose your printer model to start the setup.
- Once the setup process is completed, click the Print button and browse the document (PNG, PDF, JPEG, Doc, Docx, Xls, PPT, PPTX, txt) to be printed.
- Finally, tap on the Print icon to start the print job.
Installing the HP Smart app on your IPad OS
Quickly install the HP Smart app on your IPad OS by following the steps mentioned here:
- First, connect your IPad and HP printer to the same wireless network.
- Go to the Apple Store and search for the HP Smart app.
- Click on the Install button and start downloading the app. Besides that, you may also download the HP Smart app from HP’s official website, 123.hp.com.
- Once the app is downloaded, tap the Print icon to start the printing if your printer gets detected automatically.
- If your HP Smart app does not detect your printer, click on Add icon on the top of the screen and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Finish the setup and choose your documents and images, and click the Print button to start printing.
Installing the HP Smart app on Windows 10
1. Install HP Smart App
Follow the steps to get the HP Smart app for Windows 10.
Step 1: Visit 123.hp.com and download the HP Smart app. To sign in with Microsoft to use the app across devices, click sign in or click No, thanks for continuing.
Step 2: For users setting up HP Smart for the first time, they must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.
2. Set Up HP Printer using HP Smart App
To set up your printer, connect it with HP Smart and follow the instructions given below to connect your printer to your computer or mobile device.
Step 1: Set up the HP printer on a Wi-Fi network, via the instructions mentioned, and prepare the printer for setup.
- To set up Wi-Fi, place your printer near the router.
- Connect to the available Wi-Fi network on your computer or mobile device by turning on Wi-Fi. During setup, temporarily disconnect the Ethernet cable if the computer is connected to the network via Ethernet cable.
- Enable Bluetooth on the computer or mobile device for printer detection during the setup.
- To ensure that Windows is constantly up to date on machines running Windows, enable Windows Update.
- After enabling the mobile device location function on HP Smart for iOS and Android, the app can locate the printer and provide setup guidance using your location.
Step 2: Open HP Smart.
- When you first launch HP Smart, the program tries to identify and set up the printer. To finish the printer setup, go through the guided setup screens.
- If you are not launching HP Smart for the first time, click Add Printer or the plus sign to locate the printer. To finish the printer setup, follow the suggested setup screens.
- If If your printer cannot be found via Wi-Fi, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Restore Wi-Fi setup mode.
- The majority of printers have a touchscreen or menu: Select Network setup or Settings from the Wireless or Setup menu, followed by Restore Network Settings.
- Printers without a touchscreen display or menu: Press the buttons on your HP printer to enter the Restore Wi-Fi configuration mode and return to the factory default settings.
Step 4: Restart HP Smart after closing it for two hours, add the printer once more, and then restart HP Smart.
Step 5: Follow the guided setup screens to complete the printer setup.
3. Print, Scan, Copy and Fax using HP Smart APP
Users may use the HP Smart app’s home screen tiles to print, scan, copy, and fax. Additionally, you may adjust printer options, acquire supplies, solve problems, and check the condition of your printer.
Step 1: To print: go to the home screen and choose a print job type. Then choose the item to print, adjust any print job settings if necessary, and if you need to edit the photo, do so now.
Step 2: To scan: select whether to import a photo, scan from the printer’s scanner glass or document feeder, or take a picture using your computer or mobile device’s camera. Print, save, or share the scanned object after using the editing tools if required.
Step 3: To copy: Use the camera to take a document or photo, open the copy tile, choose the size and quantity of copies, and decide whether to print the object in color or black and white.
Step 4: To manage the printer: click the picture of your printer on the home screen to change preferences and options, check the printer status, and more.
Step 5: To add or remove home screen tiles: If using an Android or iOS smartphone, choose “Personalize Tiles” at the bottom of the screen. If using a Windows or Mac computer, go to the app settings.
Step 6: To learn more about HP Smart app features, try the following:
- If you have a problem with your printer, you can troubleshoot with the Diagnose and Fix tool built into the HP Smart app for Mac and Windows computers.
- If you have this app and a cellular network or Wi-Fi with internet connection, you may use your printer when you are away from home.
- Repetitive tasks such as sending emails, printing and saving scans can be completed quickly by creating one-touch shortcuts.
My HP Smart App Not Working - 123.hp.com/Setup Troubleshoot
Is your HP Smart App not working properly? There may be several reasons behind HP Smart App not working. Maybe the App server may be down, the app is under maintenance or the problem with the internet connection.
For a quick solution, you may either try the following fixes:
- Update your HP Smart app
- Restart your phone or computer
- Update your device
- Check device compatibility
- Check the device date and time setting
- Clear app cache
But there can be several other reasons that can interrupt your HP Smart app service. And these issues are sometimes hard to identify and thus need professional help to quickly identify the source issue and efficiently apply the troubleshooting techniques to resolve those issues. Experts have complete knowledge and expertise in tackling technical issues that might be confronted while using HP Smart App.
So, if you need professional assistance, quick support, and help, in that case, the 123.hp.com/setup team of trained technicians can instantly fix and troubleshoot all the problems and technical hiccups arising from your HP Smart App. We are available round the clock across all the major cities of the US to provide quick guidance regarding the Smart App. Need assistance? With the Help and Toll-free Number, we are just one call away.