You can use HP Smart App to print, scan and share files From your HP printer on your Apple iOS, Android, and Windows. Here, in this blog, we will discuss the methods to install and setup HP Smart App on Windows 10.
Know about HP Smart App
By utilizing HP Smart App, you can print, scan, and share files with your HP Printer. This is easy to use and enhances your printing experience with features like Print Anywhere or Mobile Fax. However, some HP Smart features require a network connection and an HP account for full functionality.
If you face any difficulty in downloading HP Smart App, first check if the printer is connected to the wireless network or not. If the printer and the computer is connected via USB cable, then HP Smart will not work. The printer must be on the same network (wireless) as the phone. The phone must be supported for use with the printer and any listed applications. However, if you need technical support in installing the HP Smart on your Windows computer, contact 123printersupport.com, US, to avail yourself of instant help from professionals of HP officials.
Benefits of using the HP Smart App Setup
With the HP Smart app, you can scan, share, and print images and documents with your HP printers. It offers some more benefits for its users, which are as follows:
• It manages your HP account straight from the app.
• Create high-quality scans.
• Enhance your photos by adding extra features like editing, filters, and text, cropping, adjusting the saturation, contrast, brightness, etc.
• Send secure faxes from the app with Mobile Fax.
• One Touch Shortcuts facility for quick and repetitive activities.
Methods to Install and Use HP Smart App – Windows 10
1. Install HP Smart App
Follow the steps to get the HP Smart app for Windows 10.
Step 1: Visit 123.hp.com and download the HP Smart app. To sign in with Microsoft to use the app across devices, click to sign in or click No, thanks to continue.
Step 2: For users setting up HP Smart for the first time, they must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.
2. Set Up HP Printer using HP Smart App
To set up your printer, connect it with HP Smart and follow the instructions given below to connect your printer to your computer or mobile device.
Step 1: Set up the HP printer on a Wi-Fi network, via the instructions mentioned, and prepare the printer for setup.
• Keep your printer, computer, or mobile device near the Wi-Fi router to start setup.
• Now, click the button to turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to the available network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.
• Enable Bluetooth on the computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.
• For Windows computers, turn on Windows Update to make sure Windows is always up to date.
• After installing HP Smart for iOS and Android, enable the mobile device location service and allow the app to use your location to detect the printer and offer solutions during setup.
Step 2: Open HP Smart.
• If this is the first time you are opening HP Smart, the app attempts to detect and set up the printer. Follow the guided setup screens to complete the printer setup.
• If this is not the first time you are opening HP Smart, click Add Printer or the plus sign to find the printer. Follow the guided setup screens to complete the printer setup.
If you are using a Wi-Fi connection and your printer is not found, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Restore Wi-Fi setup mode.
• Most printers with a touchscreen display or menu: Open the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings.
• Printers without a touchscreen display or menu: Go to Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer to restore default settings by pressing the buttons on your printer.
Step 4: Within two hours, close then re-open HP Smart, and then add the printer again.
Step 5: Follow the guided setup screens to complete the printer setup.
3. Print, Scan, Copy and Fax using HP Smart APP
Print, scan, copy, and fax from the HP Smart app home screen tiles. You can also check printer status, troubleshoot issues, order supplies, and set printer preferences.
Step 1: To print: go to the home screen and select a print job type. Now, select the item to print, use the photo editing tools if necessary, and then change any print job settings.
Step 2: To scan: choose to scan from the printer scanner glass or document feeder, import a photo, or use the computer or mobile device camera to capture a photo or document. Use the editing tools if necessary, and then print, save, or share the scanned item.
Step 3: To copy: open the copied tile, use the camera to capture a document or photo, select the size and number of copies, and choose to print the item in color or black and white.
Step 4: To manage the printer: click the picture of your printer on the home screen to change preferences and options, check the printer status, and more.
Step 5: To add or remove home screen tiles: select “Personalize Tiles” at the bottom of the screen for Android or iOS devices and in the App Settings for Windows or Mac devices.
Step 6: To learn more about HP Smart app features, try the following:
• You can run troubleshooting by Diagnose & Fix tool built into the HP Smart app for Mac: and Windows computers, in the event you are experiencing issues with your printer.
• With this app you can use your printer when you are away from home and have access to a cellular network or Wi-Fi with internet access.
• Repetitive tasks like emailing, printing, and saving scans can be quickly completed by creating one-touch shortcuts.
• Smart app securely send documents to a fax machine or fax-capable printer.
For Windows 10 version, you can download and install HP Smart App by visiting 123.hp.com/smartappp. In the event, you need professional assistance, quick support and help, trained technicians are available round the clock in providing quick guidance regarding the HP Smart app.