Brother printers have gained immense popularity due to their reliability and high-quality printing. However, like any other electronic device, they can encounter technical issues from time to time. One of the common problems faced by Brother printer users is the “Brother Printer Offline Issues” status on Windows and Mac.
If you’re encountering issues with your Brother printer going offline, you’re not alone. This problem can be frustrating, but can be fixed with proper guidance and technical know-how. Usually, restarting printer and computer can solve this temporary glitch. However, sometimes it needs some extra efforts to troubleshoot this problem.
In this article, we will explore the causes behind Brother printer offline issues and discuss effective methods to fix them.
Understanding the Brother Printer Offline Issue
The Brother Printer Offline error typically occurs when the printer is unable to communicate with the computer. It prevents you from sending print jobs to the printer, disrupting your workflow. This issue can be frustrating, but it can usually be resolved by following a few simple troubleshooting steps that are discussed later in this blog.
Common Causes of Brother Printer Offline Issues
Understanding the causes of Brother printer offline issues is essential for troubleshooting and resolving the problem efficiently. The multiple reasons for brother printer keeps going offline error:
- Connection Problems
Faulty and unstable connection between the printer and the computer can be the primary reason for offline status.
- Printer Driver Issues
Outdated and incompatible printer drivers can often lead to offline issues. If the driver is incompatible or malfunctioning, it can disrupt the printing process.
- Printer Spooler Service
Another most common reason that can bring printer to offline status is spooler issues. The print spooler service manages print jobs in the queue. If this service is not running correctly, it can cause the printer to go offline.
- Paper Jams or Hardware Faults
An offline status might be caused by physical problems such paper jams, low ink or toner, or hardware problems with the printer.
- Network Configuration
If you are using a networked Brother printer, network configuration issues can cause it to go offline.
- Software Conflicts
Sometimes, conflicts between the printer software and other installed programs can also trigger the printer to go offline mode.
Let’s find the solution to this problem.
Solution: Troubleshoot Brother Printer Offline Issues
Now that we have discovered all the possible causes behind the Brother printer keeps going offline windows 10 issue, let’s dig into its solutions to get rid of this problem instantly.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the Brother offline error:
Verify the Brother printer is powered on and there are no errors.
Check whether your Brother printer is powered on or not showing a blank screen. If it does not, make sure it is plugged into a working power source and the switches are turned “ON.”
Ensure that the printer is connected to the computer.
- Check that the USB cable you are using is properly connected to the printer and computer.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable is properly connected to both the Brother printer and the hub/switch/router.
- For network connections, print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
If the problem persists, don’t panic; next solution is waiting for you!
Make sure your Brother printer is set as the default printer.
Follow the simple steps to set your Brother printer as the default printer.
- Open the “Control Panel.”
- Click “Hardware and Sound.”
- Click “Devices and Printers.”
- Locate your Brother printer model in the list.
- If it shows “Offline”, right-click on the printer icon.
- Select, “Use Printer Online” or “Set as Default Printer.”
If the issue continues, go to the next step.
Check for Printer Jam Error
Paper jams can be the major reason for Brother printer offline problem in most cases. Although it can be resolved with a few simple steps:
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power supply.
- Open the printer to gently take out the rollers.
- Alternatively, try to pull the paper carefully.
- Once you take the paper out from between the rollers, send a printing command.
Hopefully, your problem will be resolved.
Update or Re-install printer drivers.
To update or reinstall the drivers, adhere to the following steps:
- Go to Brother’s official website and locate the “Support” or “Downloads” section.
- Now, download the latest drivers compatible with your operating system.
- After that, run the driver installation file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Just after installation is complete, restart your computer.
These methods will solve your problem of ‘why Brother printer goes offline’ in most cases. If not, contact Brother Printer Support, USA.
Contact Brother USA for Brother Printer Offline Issue Fix
Fixing Brother printer keeps going offline Windows 10 is easy when proper guidance and help are available from a dedicated support team like 123printersupport. They will assist you and guide you through the troubleshooting process. Follow their instructions carefully and provide any requested information to help them diagnose and resolve the Brother Printer Offline issue.
For further assistance, please contact 123 Printer Support USA, Toll-Free Number (877) 583-7730, if your Brother printer keeps going offline Mac and fix the problem under an expert’s guidance.