Are you facing a “Hp 79 Service Error” with your HP printer? Many users sometimes report that they have encountered Service Error 79. Such error is likely to appear the most on models like HP LaserJet Pro 200, 400, 500, etc. The reason behind this error problem is a minor bug in your printer or printer software being out of date. If your HP printer is connected to a Windows 10 computer, you might expect to see this error because of a queue glitch.
Error 79 Service Error fixes are compatible with the HP 123 Printer Models – HP 123 LaserJet Pro 200 printer, HP 123 LaserJet Pro 400 printer, HP 123 LaserJet Pro 500 printer, HP 123 LaserJet Pro 300 Color MFP M375NW Printer, HP 123 LaserJet MFP M277DW Printer, HP 123 LaserJet Pro M402N Printer, HP 123 LaserJet Pro MFP M281FDW Printer, HP 123 Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277DW Printer, HP 123 Color LaserJet CP5225 Printer, HP 123 Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 Printer. For more detail on Error 79 in Hp Printer You can visit 123.hp.com/setup Or Contact Hp Printer US.
When you have best in class HP Printer at your comfortable workplace, you would be very happy with its performance. But, at times, while performing printing tasks, you might expect to end up facing error 79. This service error is due to a corrupt print job or firmware of your HP printer has become out of date. Because of this, the spooler of your HP Printer may be unable to establish communication with your device.
Fortunately, you can solve this error issue by troubleshooting methods listed in this blog. The simplest way to resolve error 79 is to turn off the printer and wait for a while to power it on again. Disconnect the power cord from the printer. Wait for a while. Next, you need to reconnect the power cord and turn on your HP printer. It fixes the error 79 on the HP printer.
Causes of the HP Printer 79 Service Error?
If you know the reason behind the error issue, the resolution of the error might become simple. Here is the list of causes behind the HP printer 79 service error:
- Due to a faulty wire connection.
- Network signals for your device may be blocked.
- The firmware of your HP device may become out of date.
- HP printer hardware such as the DIMMs and motherboard may be damaged.
- The page that your printing may be from an unauthorized webpage or link.
- Turning your device on and off a number of times may be generating 79 service errors.
- The file you are printing is quite large.
Troubleshoot the HP Printer 79 Service Error
There are several fixes available to fix the HP printer 79 service error. Let us discuss them in detail.
Method 1: Turn Off then Turn On
To stop occurring this error, we first suggest you turn off your HP printer for 10 seconds. After this, turn on the printer again. Sometimes, the service error 79 resolves by doing a simple turn Off and then Turn On method in most of the cases. Unfortunately, if the glitch remains the same, try to fix this problem using the next method.
Method 2: Power Cycle the HP Printer Device
This method involves resetting the entire printing mechanism. This process is applicable to all HP printer models. Here’s a quick guide on power cycling your HP printer device:
- Ensure that your printer is fully turned on.
- Now, disconnect the power code from the rear of your printer and do it from the wall outlet also.
- After successfully unplugging the printer, wait for 60 seconds.
- After some time, reconnect the power cord and start your printer conventionally.
- Finally, after a warm-up period, initiate another printing job and look for the issue resolved.
In case the HP printer error state remains the same, you can follow the next solution available.
Method 3: Restart Your Devices
If the above step does not prove to be useful, we recommend you restart the devices which have been connected to your network, including the computer and router as well. After a restart, connect these devices and print using your HP printer. This might solve your issue, and if not try the next method.
Method 4: Update Printer Firmware
The new printer versions are regularly released by HP to improve the quality of life and fix bugs and technical glitches. If you are missing a critical update, you might face printer service error 79 with your HP device. So, there are 3 ways to update your device which are described below:
A. Manually Update Firmware
In older versions of the HP printer, you will need to download and install the latest firmware update manually on both Windows and macOS computers. Here’s a quick guide on how to download & install newer printer firmware manually:
- Before starting the process, make sure that your printer is connected to your local network via Ethernet cable or USB.
- Open “HP Customer Download Page”, click on Let’s Identify your Product to get started.
- Click on the printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, Type Printer Model and click on “Submit”.
- Finally, click on Firmware, then click on Download and wait till it is completed.
- Once the file is saved, open and start the firmware updating process.
- Inside the installation window, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of your printer’s firmware.
Once the installation is complete restart both your computer and your printer, then see if the problem is resolved.
B. Update Using HP Printer
Installation of pending firmware updates on the printer is different for all models. But, we have created a general outline to make it easier for you to install the pending update.
- Press ePrint button and access the Setup from the Settings menu.
- Go to Product Update or Check Product Update.
- Enable Web Services if required.
- Wait till the update is completed.
Restart your printer manually if it doesn’t do so by itself and see if the problem is fixed at the next system startup.
C. Using HP Smart App
- Download “HP Smart App” version
- After the completion of the installation of the app, open and click on your “Printer Name” to start the initial setup.
- Then, go to Settings and click “Advanced Settings”.
- Finally, Click on Tools> Web Services and click on Printer Updates> Product Update, and press Check Now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the pending update. Restart the printer to check if the issue is resolved.
If the problem is still there, move to the next fixation.
Method 5: Disabling IPv6 Protocol
When the above methods did not work, try disabling IPv6 Protocol by using the following steps:
- Press and hold the Windows Key and Press I, Windows Settings app will be open.
- Once Windows Settings are opened Navigate to “Network & Internet”.
- Press “Change adaptor options”.
- Now right-click on your Network Adaptor and press go to “Properties”
- Untick the checkbox in front of “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”
Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved and if not, then we advise you to get in contact with Hp printer US.
If none of the above methods worked for you, the only visible thing you can do by now is to get in touch with Hp Printer Customer Service US.
you can expect an instant response from technicians without much trouble. Simply associate with the certified technicians for HP Printer related issues and get moment arrangement with 100% consumer loyalty. Our hp printer team US has a record of delivering critical projects on time and under budget For other errors of the hp printer you Can also visit the Hp Printer Official.