Are you one of those, who facing error 79 in printer, many users sometimes report that they have encountered Service Error 79. Such error is likely to appear the most on models like HP LaserJet Pro 200, 400, 500, etc. The reason behind this error problem is a minor bug in your printer or printer software being out of date. If your HP printer is connected to a Windows 10 computer, you might expect to see this error because of a queue glitch.
Error 79 Service Error fixes are compatible with the HP Printer Models – HP LaserJet Pro 200 printer, HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer, HP LaserJet Pro 500 printer, HP LaserJet Pro 300 Color MFP M375NW Printer, HP LaserJet MFP M277DW Printer, HP LaserJet Pro M402N Printer, HP LaserJet Pro MFP M281FDW Printer, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277DW Printer, HP Color LaserJet CP5225 Printer, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 Printer.
When you have best in class HP Printer at your comfortable workplace, you would be very happy with its performance. But, at times, while performing printing tasks, you might expect to end up facing error 79. This service error is due to a corrupt print job or firmware of your HP printer has become out of date. As a result, the spooler of your HP Printer may be unable to communicate with your device.
Fortunately, you can resolve this error problem by using the troubleshooting methods described in this blog. The quickest solution to handle error 79 is to turn off the printer and wait a few moments before turning it back on. Disconnect the power cord from the printer. Wait for a while. Then, reconnect the power cord and switch on your HP printer. It resolves the HP printer error 79.
Causes of the HP Printer 79 Service Error?
If you know the reason behind the error issue, the resolution of the error might become simple. Here is the list of causes behind the HP printer 79 service error:
- Due to a faulty wire connection.
- Your device’s network signals could be blocked.
- The firmware of your HP device may become out of date.
- HP printer hardware such as the DIMMs and motherboard may be damaged.
- The page that you printing may be from an unauthorized webpage or link.
- Turning your device on and off a number of times may be generating 79 service errors.
- The document you’re printing is pretty large.
Troubleshoot the HP Printer 79 Service Error
There are several fixes available to fix the HP printer 79 service error. Let us discuss them in detail.
Method 1: Turn Off then Turn On
We initially recommend that you power off your HP printer for 10 seconds in order to stop this error from happening. Restart the printer after that. In most circumstances, the service fault 79 can be fixed by performing a straightforward turn-off and turn-on procedure. Unfortunately, if the bug persists, try resolving it with the help of the following technique.
Method 2: Power Cycle the HP Printer Device
This method involves resetting the entire printing mechanism. This process is applicable to all HP printer models. . Here is a simple tutorial on how to restart your HP printer:
- Double-check that your printer is fully powered on.
- Now, disconnect the power code from the rear of your printer and do it from the wall outlet also.
- After successfully unplugging the printer, wait for 60 seconds.
- After some time, reconnect the power cord and start your printer conventionally.
- Finally, after warm-up period, initiate another printing job and look for the issue resolved.
In case the HP printer error state remains the same, you can follow the next solution available.
Method 3: Restart Your Devices
If the above step does not prove to be useful, we recommend you to restart the devices which have been connected to your network, including the computer and router as well. Connect these devices after restarting them, then use your HP printer to print. This might solve your issue, and if not try next method.
Method 4: Update Printer Firmware
The new printer versions are regularly released by HP to improve the quality of life and fix bugs and technical glitches. If you are missing a critical update, you might face printer service error 79 with your HP device. So, there are 3 ways to update your device which are described below:
A. Manually Update Firmware
In older versions of the HP printer, you will need to download and install the latest firmware update manually on both Windows and macOS computers. Here is a brief tutorial for manually downloading and installing latest printer firmware:
- Before starting the process, make sure that your printer is connected to your local network via Ethernet cable or USB.
- To begin, open the “HP Customer Support Download Page” and select Let’s Identify your Product.
- Click on printer to follow the on screen instruction
- Next, Type Printer Model and click on “Submit”.
- Finally, click on Firmware, then click on Download and wait till it is completed.
- Once the file is saved, open and start the firmware updating process.
- To finish installing the firmware for your printer, refer to the on-screen directions inside the installation window.
Restart your computer and printer after the installation is finished to check if the issue has been fixed.
B. Update Using HP Printer
Installation of pending firmware updates on the printer is different for all models. But, we have created a general outline to make it easier for you to install the pending update.
- Press ePrint button and access the Setup from the Settings menu.
- Go to Product Update or Check Product Update.
- Enable Web Services if required.
- Wait till the update is completed.
Restart your printer manually if it doesn’t do so by itself and see if the problem is fixed at the next system start up.
C. Using HP Smart App
If your HP printer is compatible with the HP Smart app, you can quickly instal any new firmware update using this app, which is available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. To do this, simply follow these simple instructions:
- Download the HP Smart App.
- Once the software has been successfully installed, open it and select your “Printer Name” to begin the basic setup.
- Next, select “Advanced Settings” under Settings.
- Finally, select Printer Updates > Product Update from the Tools > Web Services menu, then click Check Now.
- To instal the upcoming update, adhere to the on-screen instructions. To see if the problem has been fixed, restart the printer.
If the problem is still there, move to the next fixation.
Method 5: Disabling IPv6 Protocol
When the above methods did not work, try disabling IPv6 Protocol by using the following steps:
- Hold down the Windows Key while pressing I to launch the Windows Settings app.
- After opening Windows Settings, select “Network & Internet”.
To change adaptor options, click.
- Next, go to “Properties” by right-clicking on your network adapter and selecting it.
- Delete the checkmark next to “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).”
Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved and if not, then we advise you to get in contact with hp.com.
If none of the above methods worked for you, the only visible thing you can do by now is to get in touch with HP support at Hp.com. At 123printersupport you can expect an instant response from technicians without much trouble. Simply associate with the certified technicians for HP-related issues and get moment arrangement with 100% consumer loyalty. Our support team has the record of delivering critical projects on time and under budget.