HP Printer In Error State?
HP printers have made our lives easier and faster with their tremendous benefits and superior performance. Printers become the most important part for every individual and organization in making their day-to-day work easier and much more convenient.
Besides, there are several occasions when your HP Printer may not work properly and you have to face certain error problems while working on it. These problems and errors are might disturbing and difficult to resolve. So, depending upon the professionals and team of experts one can deal easily with those mishaps.
Recently, many users are facing an error with HP printers. This error is “HP Printer In Error State”. Due to this, the HP printer becomes unable to print documents or take any instructions from the computer. This blog we are going to help you in fixing the “HP error: HP printer in error state problem”.
Overview of Hp Printer Error State
“HP printer is in an error state” this error generally flashes on screen when the HP Printer user tries to connect the Printer to the device or print from the device. This error is caused due to problems like:
- overheating printer unit
- poor connection
- corrupted file in printer spooler
- paper jam
- low ink level or cartridges needs to be replaced
- out of date or damaged printer drivers
All these issues can lead to an HP printer error state. However, we have some quick and reliable solutions to resolve the error state problem with the HP printer. Let’s start with basic troubleshooting.
Methods to Fix Printer In Error State:
How do get fix my HP printer and make it error free? Look at the below-explained methods and follow them to resolve this problem.
Method 1: Power Cycle HP Printer Devices:
Prolonged use of printers can cause overheating of device hardware and it may stop working suddenly. In this situation, run a power cycle by using the given steps to cool down the printer:
- Turn off the printer unit.
- Remove the power cable from the power supply.
- Turn off the computer system.
- Turn on the computer after waiting for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the printer after plugging in the power cord.
Method 2: Check the HP Printer for Paper Jam:
One of the major causes of HP Printer error states is a jammed printer. Damaged rollers, incorrect loading of paper, use of low-quality papers, and cartridges are common reasons for printer paper jam. Follow the simple steps to get out of paper jam issue with the printer:
- Turn off the printer.
- Open the front panel and remove Ink cartridges.
- Examine the rollers for any piece of torn paper.
- Pull out paper gently.
- Use pincers for a very small piece of paper.
- Open the rear access door of the printer, and remove the jammed paper, if any.
Method 3: Check sufficient Ink level:
Even if your ink cartridges have recently been filled, you should check the ink levels if you do a lot of printing. The steps to measuring ink level are as follows:
- Click on the Start or Windows icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Devices and printers.
- Double Click on the HP printer.
- Check the ink levels on the status area.
If you observed that the ink level is low then you should replace cartridge without any further delay.
Method 4: Update Printer Driver:
Corrupted or outdated printer driver software may cause this error. Follow the steps to update printer drivers:
- Navigate to Start and look up Device Manager.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Expand the print queue from the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Microsoft print to PDF option.
- Select update printer driver from the Context Menu.
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the menu.
Method 5: Restart Print Spooler Services:
Print Spooler is important for printers to run properly. But sometimes, it can become overloaded due to excess use, therefore it can’t function properly and lead to HP printer error state. Print Spooler services can be restarted using the following steps:
- On Start icon, type cmd in the search box and press enter.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Click on Yes button.
- Type ‘net stop spooler’ command in cmd and press enter.
- After successful completion of command, type ‘net start spooler command.
- Press enter to run the command.
This will take some time to restart spooler service. Above steps can resolve your HP printer error state problem.
Method 6: Reinstall the HP 123 Printer:
Fresh installation of the HP printer may solve the error issues in most time. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Remove All Printer Cards from the computer.
- Go to Start Menu and select ‘Settings’.
- Click the ‘System’ option.
- In order to find the HP printer, scroll down.
- Click on ‘Uninstall’ and restart the computer & printer.
- After that connect the system with printer
- Follow instructions given on the screen.
Contact HP Printer Support, If Issues Still No Resolve
We have described the major steps needed to resolve the HP printer error state issue. All these methods are examined and it fixes the HP Printer Error State issue. We hope this will help you. If you have any queries regarding the same, contact us immediately for help and support.