Are you facing HP Printer offline on MAC? It is a common problem when you may come across this issue of being unable to print on your Mac device. Your “HP Printer Offline Error” on Mac could be due to various reasons, ranging from the simple case of the printer going into sleep mode to incorrect printer settings and problems with USB ports or the Wi-Fi network. The most common issues that make a printer appear offline are old printer drivers, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a paper jam, or missing paper.
In most cases, this technical issue can be resolved by merely resetting the printing system available on Mac. But, assigning technicians for this may troubleshoot the problem more accurately and effectively. You may contact our HP experts at 123printersupport.com anytime when you are confronted with the HP printer status offline Mac issue and want to get rid of it immediately.
Most HP printer users face these same issues while trying to print a document on Mac or Windows. This has become the most common problem, and most people keep asking why HP “Printer Status Offline” when they try to print something. Although we at hp.123.com/setup foster our customers for being able to throw away any technical challenges, they may face in utilizing our HP products.
So, in this blog, we have explained some useful and best troubleshooting methods to fix the above-said issue. Here, you will find all solutions together to get rid of this problem.
Reasons Why Your HP Printer Keeps on going Offline on Mac
- When your HP printer is not connected correctly from the Electricity to your boarding system.
- If you haven’t connected your wireless networks to the computer system to convert the online printing mode.
- If you have connected your device via Bluetooth, you may check that the connection is correctly connected to your HP Printer device.
- When your Internet connection is not having the optimum speed to convert your document to print.
- It can also cause trouble if you have newly installed your HP Printer on your operating system and you receive the notification that your printer hasn’t connected properly to your computer system.
The above reasons may cause problems with your HP printer showing the error “your HP printer offline”, but if you apply some precautions and follow some methods. This issue can be removed instantly. Otherwise, our 123printersupport team is always there to help you to get rid of this problem through remote help and support. Let us discuss steps to troubleshoot this issue:
Steps for Solving HP Printer is Offline On MAC
If your HP printer is not responding correctly on your Mac OS, then you can follow the below-given steps to fix it. Let’s check them:
1: Check your Printer Connection
There are certain events when it can happen that your HP printer won’t work accurately due to connection problems and start displaying error messages. Thus, if you notice this issue, then you should check your internet connection first.
Step 1: Check USB Connection and Troubleshoot it
- First, “Turn off” your printer and then wait for a few seconds.
- Now, take out the USB cable i.e connected to your Printer.
- Then, turn on the Printer again with a secure and strong connection.
- Finally, you need to perform a printing test to get sure.
Step 2: Check for the Network Connection
If your USB connection is correctly working, check for your network to find out the reason by following steps:
- Restart your HP Printers to see if the problem is resolved or not and then restart your computer.
- Now, you need to wait for a few seconds and then recheck your network connection.
- For the users who are operating Mac, they need to click on the Apple icon on their Mac and then go to the System Preferences.
- Open your Printer list, and then you need to click on one of these options- Printers and Scanners, Print and Fax, or Print and Scan.
- From the above-given option, you have to click on HP Printer and then click on Open Printer Queue.
Step 3: Troubleshoot Wireless Printer Connection
Check network issues and setup requirements if the printer is not found during software installs or when wireless print jobs fail.
- Move the printer and computer closer to the wireless router and check for signal quality. You can open a website to check whether the internet connection is working properly or not. If Wi-Fi is slow, restarting the router by disconnecting the power cord, and then reconnecting the cord may solve your issue.
- Check whether your printer is in sleep mode. Press the Power button to wake up the printer and put it in the ready state.
- Ensure that your wireless signal is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer or other devices.
- Enabling Bluetooth on your device may detect the printer during the setup.
- Print a Wireless Test Report and evaluate the report.
Step 4: Troubleshoot Wired Network
Connection Use an undamaged Ethernet cable to print a report to verify the connection.
- First, “Turn off” the printer, and then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router and the printer.
- Then, check the cable for damage, and then verify that it is an Ethernet cable and not a phone cable.
- Reconnect the cable to a different Ethernet or LAN port on the router, and then connect
the other end to the printer’s Ethernet port.
- Now, turn on the printer.
- Check the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port for successful connection. The green light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink.
- Print a Wireless Network Test Results or Network Configuration report.
- To make sure the Network Status is ready, follow any instructions to resolve network issues identified in the report.
2: Remove and then Re-add your HP Printer
To fix the issue, you may delete your printer from the print queue to clear errors, and then again re-add it.
Step1: Click the “Apple Menu”, click “System Preferences”, and then choose “Printers & Scanners” or Print and Scan.
Step 2: Highlight the printer you want to remove, and then click the “Minus sign” at the bottom of the list of printers.
Step 3: Now, you can click on “Delete Printer”.
Step 4: Click the Plus sign, and then follow the steps to select and re-add the printer.
3: Reset the Print System
Resetting the print system can clear any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, pending print jobs, and printer preferences.
Step 1: Click the “Apple Menu”, click “System Preferences”, and then click “Printers & Scanners” or Print and Scan.
Step 2: Right-click or control + click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
Step 3: Now, you should click the “Reset” button to confirm.
Step 4: Type the administrator name and password, and then click “OK” to complete the reset.
Step 5: Finally, click the “Plus sign”, and then follow the steps to select and re-add the printer.
Once the printing system gets reset then you can add your printer to the list and then try to print the document. If still, the issue persist move towards the next step.
4: Use HP Smart App
Use the HP Smart app to help fix connection issues on a Mac OS 10.14 or later:
Step 1: Firstly you should open the “HP Smart app”. If you do not have HP Smart, download it from HP Smart – Mac App Store, and then follow the prompts to add your printer.
Step 2: After that, click “Printers”, and then select “Diagnose & Fix”.
Step 3: On the Diagnose & Fix screen, click “Start”.
Step 4: You have to wait until the analysis process completes. Remember, do not close the app to avoid interrupting the process.
Step 5: On the diagnosis screen, review the results, and then click “Test Print” or “Done”.
Contact Us For Printer Assistance “Hp Printer Offline On MAC”
The above steps are well-defined, and we assure you that you won’t have any difficulty learning or following them. However, in the event the above methods don’t work for you. Suppose you are still getting the same issue again and again with your HP printer. In that case, you are advised to connect with our 123printersupport.com, US team, where technicians work day and night to dig all the possible solutions for users of HP products facing technical glitches. Here, you can avail of help associated with any HP printer device. Our technical team resolves all types of printer issues without much hassle.
Get 24/7 support from anywhere worldwide to get rid of all technical defaults and glitches associated with your HP printer. To get in touch with HP officials, you can contact them for more information at 123.hp.com/setup or Hp.123.com/setup in the US without any hesitation.